RSS

Monday, September 21, 2009

2009 Australian Legends of the Screen: Nicole Kidman 22.01.09

This was my first attempt at creating maxicards, and I remember I was so excited over this, when I first returned to Australia from Summer break, and there was the Australian Legend 2009 collection with Nicole Kidman, and I remembered I had her Australia movie promotion postcards stashed in my loot, put two and two together, I have a maxicard!!

Only sad thing was, it was already past the window to obtain the Australian Legend FDI postmark, so I went and got the maxicards postmarked at University of Melbourne's Post Office to commemorate the fact that Nicole Kidman used to attend the Victorian College of Arts, which now is part of University of Melbourne. I suppose that's as good as it gets.

Being the amateur I am, or maxicards being a rare interest in Melbourne, the clerk wasn't too careful with the postmarking, hence resulting in a rather disappointing first attempt for me.






You could barely make out the words 'Melbourne University' with the smudged ink, and these two are considered the best out of the six I have. Sigh~
But a good first experience nonetheless.

0 left a comment:

Post a Comment